Monday, December 27, 2010

I just came across this wonderful list of responses to the statement, "You know you're a plantaholic when":
  • you spend your grocery money on plants
  • you think a bucket of manure is a thoughtful hostess gift
  • you've lied about how much you've spent for a plant
  • you sneak plants home
Yes, with the exception of gift-manure (unless you consider compost a form of manure), I'm guilty to all of the above! And, I can add a few more to the list:
  • you've lied and said that newly purchased plants were from a plant swap or were a nice surprise left outside your door
  • you've had to create new gardens because you don't have room for all your new plants
  • every year you promise that you won't buy any more new plants and break that promise almost immediately
I'm sure all of us are guilty of these plus a few more. Anyone have a bumper sticker that says: "Caution. I brake for nurseries!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment